View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm kind of set in my ways because the Bard is classified as a Melee class, and wears plate and dual wields. To me, that screams melee, face tank, and big DPS, not a pseudocaster with crappy DPS and mitigation disguised behind plate. I played a Combat Bard in EQOA, and that's exactly how they were, big time melee DPS with nice group support via songs, and okay HP. If something is classified as a Melee class, to me, that means it's meant to beat on things.
Well here on P99 bards are not what you remember them as.

You're being overly stubborn...for what? So you can kill 1 mob every 6 mins and burn out before hitting level 45?

The closest thing you can get to what you're looking for is a Ranger. Their melee damage isn't the greatest but you'll have that support feel with their buffs, pulling utility, etc.

Bards are without a doubt the toughest class to play well. I don't want to be the bad guy here, but your attitude / approach towards the game is going to severely limit your enjoyment of playing the bard class.
Last edited by kjs86z; 07-09-2020 at 09:45 AM..