View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man this is a cool conversation.

Here is another cool animation story I saw!

Ghibli studios was trying to make its first film Nausucaa, but they totally ran out of money!

So they put out an advertisement in a manga magazine that said, "calling all artists! we need people to help us finish this film!" (It was well known because Miyazaki made it as a manga first).

The next day some 18 year old kid comes in with his portfolio of drawings, hair messy, clothes all too big. He sat down and they hired him on the spot!

Later, that animator was given a scene to work on, one where a laser hits this giant scarab thing. ( I tried to find it on youtube just now and couldn't )

The laser hits the scarab, then like a second passes, then the scarab EXPLODES!

He showed the shot to the crew and they were blown away! That day, an 18 year old animator, invented the trope that would be used again and again and again in anime: A laser hits a target, a second passes, and BOOM it explodes.

That 18 year old animator would later grow to create the series Neon Genesis Evangelion. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I love that story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.