View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Large Rat

Default Blue -- Custom Content Brainstorm

Hey guys -- I thought it'd be cool to brainstorm some ideas for custom content. This might give the devs some ideas (I'm sure they already have their own) as to what direction the player base imagines custom content going.

Please focus on IDEAS and not discouraging others. Here's some of mine:

1) The Kerra
I thought a server-wide quest for various levels to help cure the Kerran disease that's been haunting the race for some time (Cat Scratch Fever?) would be fun. This disease has kept them isolated and could infect players if they travel to the island.

This quest could be week long or so, involve multiple players of multiple levels, and eventually unlock the Kerran race on their island as playable (rename Vah Shir and lock the class model of the race). The Beastlord, class, however, could/may need to remain locked.

2) The Beastlords
A special quest is available for monks or shamans from levels 5-10 in which they can diversify their training. With this quest, their class changes to Beastlord. This is the only way to unlock the class.

3) Freeport Invasion
What if there was some server-wide quest for evil vs. good races that could eventually lead to Freeport becoming evil, or overtaken by trolls, ogres, and dark elves? This could be a capture the flag type event that is over a long period of time, in which certain mobs killed (available based on race/faction) could lead closer and closer to a "victory". If the evil races lose, this could affect "freeport" guards maybe extending beyond freeport, patrolling some of Nektulos forest (forcing the dark elves to stay on the other side of the river) or as far south as Southern Ro.

An evil freeport means travel would be largely shut down from the port for the "good" races, which could maybe lead to further raids or war on what lies on the other side of the sea -- the Dwarves.