View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

An update:

I spent some time in Velks. Incredibly camped at the moment. I saw the same players on my three or four logins looking for a camp.

I did two or three runs in Sebillis and the mobs are higher level, but there are a number of issues that slow down how quickly you can kill:

1. Shaman mobs are as bad as advertised when grinding exp. If you get stuck with two fighting each other they will both slow each other and heal so you are stuck hasting your pet and/or chain stunning the other shaman.

2. Mob HP pool leads to longer fights.

3. A lot of green still mixed in from entrance to NG down to Disco.

4. I got torn between fighting and clearing or trying to do a combination of pacify and invis. You can get decently far with the invis and pacify combo but then you may run into one mob in a group that sees invis and you have to calm backward or try for a calm, memblur combo which can get rough.

Overall, not the best solo, but doable, and the loot is much better when there are bugs mixed in and the frogs seem to have about a 5-10% gem drop chance which is much higher than the 1%ish in HS.

I ended up going back to HS North and was getting around 4-5% an hour at 59 with ease while holding down the three named PH's. The biggest boon for HS is the insane number of skeletons making your mana regen insane if you run ToT and Wandering Mind simultaneously.