View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
"Okay but what if I'm healthy and may have already had covid?"
Antibodies wear off after ~7 mos (so does the vaccine). Those of us who have the vaccine will get a booster and stay protected. Those of you who got sick, wont be protected forever. Source

Quote:
"But what about the collateral damage to society and the economy? Surely those things also lead to preventable deaths? Is the jury really in on this?"
The longer this goes on, the more damage to society and economy. Continuing to be unvaccinated (or in time, unboosted) will only prolong the crisis. Not wearing masks, will prolong the crisis. Allowing the virus to continue to spread and mutate, especially among the unvaccinated, will prolong the crisis. We all want to get back to normal, but right wing polticians and pundits want to continue chaos to score political points (party over country). Hence they actively undermine progress by making everything political. Because simple minded people who lack critical thinking see the world as binary, so they portray the choice as binary (ie: freedom). This has been happening on right wing news for years/decades now....

Quote:
"Well I hope you got your flu shot last year. That kills people too. Preventable deaths. You're a murderer"
I see this response a lot and a very basic review of the numbers shows that the covid is like 10 times more deadly than the flu. I know that you know this. Source

Mostly the people who believe all this bullshit misinformation is to justify their selfishness and liberal grievance (even though science is not liberal, its just portrayed that way in right wing media). They are "cut off their nose to spite their liberal face" types. No knowledge or facts, just against whatever "liberals" are for, which is based on what they read and see on right wing media.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 09-20-2021 at 04:42 PM..