View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Post One Meal Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~~~
July 6th, 3104, approximately 10:10pm...

I guess you could say that I had my first full day of real "work" with the Reserve Militia today.

Apparently, there is a huge project to reclaim the raw metals from Deathfist Orc picks, and then shipping sheets and billets of the processed material over to Kaladim and Ak'Anon. There is some sort of "Damascus steel" process that is supposed to produce some very high quality weapons and materials, but only the Gnomes and Dwarfs have the machines and raw strength to pull it off...

My Spirit Pouch magic came in pretty good here, I could fit four of those heavy picks in one pouch. Dellin and the corporal on-duty were amazed at how light they were after they were fully loaded. "Why, it's no heavier than a f*ckin* rat ear!" was one of the funnier comments, I must admit. That, and: "How do you make it levitate like that?" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

While I was making my first delivery of picks, Guard Colin got bit by a rattlesnake and almost died. He was lucky that I had some bandages and my medicine bag, because I seriously thought about leaving those in my foot locker. There was a Dark Elf necromancer nearby that watched the entire thing, and he didn't even bother to help... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh, I almost forgot... when I first arrived at the Toll Booth in West Commons, the guards almost attacked me! I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a scuffle over in E.C. on the way over...as I ran by the "tunnel" there, I heard some people /shout, "Kill her!" ...but I kind of ignored them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(That's a far cry from my experience over near Grobb; the warriors there kept politely calling me "ma'am...")

Once I showed Guard Valon my Symbol of Discord, he immediately apologized and said on one knee, "Sir Lucan said you'd be coming..."
~~~