Thread: You guys
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just learned the goth chick I had a crush on in high school, the one who told me she was a lesbian after the first time we hung out, in fact liked me too and would stare at the back of my head in class wishing I would talk to her. She thought my crippling social anxiety was me being too cool to talk to her.

I regret taking the lesbian disclosure thing as badly as I did. At the time she legitimately was one, but I took it as pretty harsh rejection. Never spoke with her again until I met her with her future ex-husband at a bar. “LESBIAN KATE,” I drunkenly slurred about her, a lot, in front of him that evening. Despite me regaling her fiancé with stories about her drug abuse years when I was actually remembering this girl named Elisa, Kate was good enough to let me and my best friend, both severely intoxicated, spend the night at her place, and Scott thanked her by burning her couch with a cigarette.

I felt bad about that for years and I’ve reconnected with her since last October, after I apologized for that evening. Pretty crazy how well we get along. During our 4-hour phone conversation tonight she told me she was into me and just god dammit... can’t really do anything with that information besides feel a dull sense of regret for not having this person in my life for the last two decades. Might have actually worked out better tbh, because I have an amazing friend now instead of an ex-girlfriend from 20 years ago.

Follow your dreams
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hey no judgment here but what am I looking at