Thread: <Brexit>
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

I've never voted labour.

I liked JRM's (conservative leave campaigner) idea during the referendum that we'd negotiate the best deal possible then have a deciding referendum once we knew the facts.

I've also seen the scarcity of land in the UK dissuades developers from building entry level or affordable family housing, and regulations that encourage it are ignored or unenforced. The freemarket had spoken and the poor don't deserve homes, which has disastrous social and economic consequences (I've worked and volunteered extensively in the 'homeless' sector, been a research assistant for a phd on the consequences of unemployment, a landlord for Amnesty International service users). As market forces have failed, we need a government plan to build affordable housing, JC offers this, especially if it acts as a cash injection into the construction sector while reducing housing benefit payments.

I'm sorrly tempted to vote Labour for these two reasons, along with the fact I don't have an iota of trust in Boris (though honestly I think he is little more than a faceman puppet).

Horrifyingly I think I'll be voting for labour, and living in a conservative safe seat (the one Ken Clarke occupied before standing down, unfortunately in my eyes as he was one of the few MPs i genuinely respected), I can do so with the clean conscience of wasting vote.

If they get enough MPs to form a government all this Brexit nonsense should be sorted out by the next election... Over by Christmas (2020) right?!