Thread: City of Heroes
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

Update as of this Sunday evening's play. The server team posted in the Discord link how to download the client and connect to the server in the first or second post of the Announcements, and then gave a progress report on their work on the thing. The account creation and players parachuting into the mess have gone from 300 to 800 to 1400 to 2300 to over 3k people all wanting in. This Sunday, the server was stable with very low (but not perfect) lag / latency with over 3k on.

Door missions were working. Task forces were working. Ourobos or whatever was working, along with inventions and supergroups, etc. Some of the Praetorean content is being worked on still, along with some of the level 41-50 mission arc content for villains. Only fly in the ointment is that one or more GMs had a miscommunication with the rest of the team and gave some select players a level 50 boost. Because of the free experience handed out, every character will be wiped before the launch of the finished Live server on the 27th.

There's no issues with logging into the game between now and then. I'm just screwing around saving costumes to file and getting a feel for how I'll level and do badge hunting on the 27th. Something crazy like 5k accounts have been created. By the 27th I won't be shocked if the number triples. They're gonna need a bigger boat.

Discord link -- https://discord.gg/eJnaq7