Thread: Name Changes
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoslavia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you please explain how the name Elephant violates the naming policy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is your surname, by chance, something naughty? Elephant _______ ?
Even if your last name didn't violate the policy I still think its covered by:

Quote:
Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.
I think most would agree with a staff member decision that "Elephant" is an improper name for an adventurer in Norath.

Also you could consider it covered by:

Quote:
Proper names from EverQuest (e.g. Rathe, Karana). This also includes the first or last name of any significant EverQuest NPC (e.g. Dorn, Trumpy, Karn).
... but that's a bit of a stretch since "elephant" isn't a proper name.

P.S. Cheers to the staff on this. While we all remember that the naming policy wasn't enforced 100% religiously on live, it does seem (to me at least) that it was enforced a lot more than it has been here, so this feels like a welcome correction.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-10-2018 at 12:25 PM..