Thread: Donation Status
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings,

Currently, we are doing decent with donations. We thank all the people who have donated very much, as this keeps the server going.

However many of you have noticed a lot of recent lag spikes at random times during the day. These are not DDoS Attacks, merely our current data center and it's upstream providers having issues. Taking this into consideration, as well as our growing population, which as we suspect will continue to grow for multiple reasons (such as news websites picking up on the hype), and to prepare for a population surge I'm sure will come with Kunark many months down the road, we have decided to act now to improve this situation. Currently we have two servers, one colocated and one rented, in the same data center, with a private link for internal communications. We are initializing a project to stop the lease on the rented server and build another colocated server (The first colo server was built and mostly funded by myself and used partially for the running of this website, eqemulator, and the loginserver). Both colocated servers will then be moved into an already chosen data center with much better connectivity and reviews, into their own lan configuration.

We have a good leg up on donations to begin this project but we still need some more to complete it. This is not a desperate request to fund the server, and we are not in a rough situation that requires this to continue operations, however we do request that anyone enjoying this server consider contributing what they are able to to help the future of the server.

Donation incentives are forthcoming, and those who have already donated will receive them as well. We are still deciding on what to award donations with, but rest assured we will not be awarding ingame items or game changing / advantage-giving rewards.

Thanks.
Only thing I could think of is have their ingame name if provided announced server wide, sort of a fame type deal and also posted on the forums but not all wish to be named though, I dont see what else there could be... maybe sign a deal with some company who will make Project 1999 T-shirts and mail them one after a donation of $10 or more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].