View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

No. Blue has been around for ten years. There are a lot of players who don't want to start over. Some players are strongly attached to the work they've put into their characters (and their guildmates' characters) and are not that inspired by the thought of a fresh start.

There have been some doomsayers, but they don't understand.

Also, the staff recently stated they will allow players to play a character on Blue while playing a character on Green (as has long been the case between Red and Blue). Therefore, people don't even need to choose between the two servers.

We should expect Blue to take a significant population decrease, but the exact extent of it is hard to predict. Also...that might be a good thing, considering the bottlenecked high-level scene. Another question to ask (to which no one has the answer) is how many high-level versus low-level players will remain on Blue. Will we see the higher levels thin out, or will we see the lower levels dry up? It is hard to predict.

I think a lot of players are really excited about Green, and I am too. But we should remember: just because Green seems overwhelmingly enticing to you doesn't mean it seems that way to others.

I play with <Castle> which includes a lot of players on their first character, a lot of casual/new players, and probably a lot of alts. Several of my guildmates that aren't even level 60 yet have said they don't want to give up their level 40 mage or whatever. I would have thought they'd drop it in a heartbeat to start on a fresh server. So...you might be surprised how many people are playing Blue. Especially if you wait a month or so for the launch period rush to die down.

I'll be there, though. And so will <Castle>. Send me a message if you're looking for a good group of people to play with.
Last edited by Videri; 09-16-2019 at 05:54 AM..