Thread: /list
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes it sound like lists are some custom thing introduced to "make classic" less bad ... but they're not. Lists were 100% classic, and are not just some wacky custom mechanic Rogean dreamed up.

The specific /list command itself isn't classic, but it's just an automation of what happened on live (ie. what was enforced by paid human GMs/guides).

So please let's not frame things as "classic vs. lists". It's "impossible-to-recreate (because we don't have paid staff) live sytem vs. /list ... vs. something else far less classic".
The implementation of list here is not what happened on live.

There was certainly not a requirement that you leave a camp because a non-lore item dropped that you wanted. You could continue to accrue as many of them as you wanted, as long as you held the camp. A GM wasn't going to kick you out because everyone in your group had a Manastone and a 7th one dropped. You weren't obligated to hand it over to someone just hanging out there.

I maintained lists to join a group on live using pen and paper. "Sure, we'll add you to the list to join the group, you're 15th" or whatever. Same as people do now for Ancient Cyclops.

But a list to just be handed a non-lore item that drops from a camp I'm in? No way.

All this said, I still think that some automated implementation of loot-listing is needed to curb toxicity here.