View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

I don't know why everyone's so upset. I'm sure all those protesters just wanted to set up their own Capital Hill Autonomous Zone. The precedent was only just set this summer for them with support of local government officials in Seattle. Have we forgotten already? Why can't they have one in DC?

Anyone that thinks this was really a coup attempt already has shown to have no critical thinking skills. Other countries are laughing at us every time we use the words 'attempted coup' because anyone of any intelligence outside of American media and politics knows better. The majority of the people there showed up with coolers and fanny-packs because they thought it would be a party. Some bad actors started pushing through and people did what people at any rock concert would do when the line is broken...they followed. I watched a news reporter yelling "It's like a warzone out here" with hundreds of people standing idly behind her on the steps not moving, and one woman shaking her ass at the camera behind the reporter. I wish I remembered her name so I could look up what warzones she's been in and how it compared to the events of that day.

And didn't we hear all summer the buildings are not important, anyway? I'm sure all those Trump supporters were just protesting against the systemic bias against Trump-cons - which was only re-affirmed that afternoon via tech companies. Once the government officials were out, they should have just turned the building over to the people if we're using the same logic we used from all of 2020.

It's obvious which of you got picked last or not at all for kickball growing up with how hard and fast you are to cling to a 'side' in all of this and gloss over any similarities (hypocrisy) between 1/6 and all of last year. You have a group of Americans genuinely feeling wronged and slighted by the system responding in much the same way - although less violently - that was condoned for an entire year by certain politicians.

The people that went in, threatened individuals, and destroyed property should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but when they are arresting people and solely charging them with 'unauthorized entry of a federal building' as their only charge just to get the arrest numbers up...dogs and ponies.