View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't quite understand the logic here. That is like saying they should not cap any stats at 255 since this is a time locked server. It is a classic time locked server, with complete as possible classic mechanics.

I'm willing to bet not a lot of people knew about the mana cap from back in the day (i know i didn't). So sucks for those people to find out, but i think it is important to implement.

Hopefully can hear from a dev on feasibility.
Here is the thread that I already commented on and supported which is what I feel more important than this potentially false speculative 'feature' that you are pushing here.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ghlight=wisdom

Int/Wisdom caps are too high here, thats been well known and established for a lonnnnngggg time. If you feel mana pools are not classic, you fix them by fixing the 255 stat cap returns because right now you probably get more mana than was intented for having your stats this high in this era but that might be something that cant be fixed with our client.

Implementing a hard cap of mana tho, is beyond dumb however because even if it did exist, it has no place on our server that at this point as p99 does not feature classic npc hit point pools, mana pools, damage calculations, Armor Class, Attack Ratings etc.

If all the core elements that make up every single npc engage is already not classic mostly thanks to the titanium client, why should the devs artificially hamstring the players playing here with a hard mana cap. If people get their mana above 4200 ( or whatever cap you make up ), more power to them, it doesnt affect YOUR gameplay.

Mana was not displayed during this era so its impossible to prove it was capped. This thread is pointless.
Last edited by Erati; 11-16-2017 at 01:30 PM..