View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JULY 20, 2000

/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

OK Im starting to remember how the duping worked, it had to do with this.. I feel it in my darkest memories.

If we cant dupe on green99 then it is not a classic server JK
The really interesting thing about the /consent feature before it was changed was that a given corpse was keyed to a character's name.... and only that. On Fennin Ro I had a character with a Guise (a rogue) that I didn't feel like leveling any further and was too lazy to run my new high elf Cleric down to guk to get another. I transferred my stuff off of the rogue except for the guise, died in a remote place in Felwithe (drowned), logged out to char select, deleted the rogue, and created the high elf cleric with the same name. The cleric most certainly was able to loot the guise off of the rogue corpse.