View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once went to sea and caught a bunch of fish on a small fishing boat. It was a tourism business a small time fisherman had set up; a little bit of 'free' labour that actually paid him to do the work!

He even let us take a couple of fish for ourselves.

I took mine back to the holiday cottage where he was cremated on the BBQ outside.

Unfortunately, at that point in my life I didn't actually eat fish. The rest of my family were happy to be fed though.

I actually really regret not trying this fish though. A few years later I went on a group holiday to Portugal. The landlord of our apartment was friends with a local fisherman, and owned much of the properties along the sea front (including café). He took a bunch of sardines straight from the sea and threw them onto his grill.

Like previously, I didn't really eat fish, but I didn't want to poopoo his generosity. So I did try one sardine, and goddam if it wasn't the tastiest thing! Unfortunately I later developed a migraine and was unable to attend the Portuguese biker rock festival.

So not quite funerals for animals, as no last rites were read, but yeah.
fish gives me headaches too sometimes