View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by afelipe1189 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been using Calm as my go-to Lull for it's cheaper mana cost. Are you using Paci simply because mana is not an issue at 60 so it makes the 7 min duration more worthwhile, or is the aggro radius of 1 on Pacify notably better than the 5 from Calm?

I was charm killing the other day and had a charm break. My pet was low, so I CC'd the adds and began casting lvl 4 mez on my broken pet. At this time, I was standing adjacent to my pet. I must've casted mez over 6 times, waited for the server tick each time - his hp never regenerated. I even loaded mem blur for a couple of casts (was level 48 at the time, no BoF) - nothing. I then backed away, casted mez once, and boom, it blurred successfully.

Has anyone else encountered this? Was it just incredibly bad luck that the mob would not blur while I was adjacent, or is that an actual mechanic?
Lmao this is something that i've never spoken out loud about because i'm ashamed to not know the answer, but i've encountered that scenario so many times before that i always distance myself from the mob before blurring.

I cast pacify out of habit. It FEELS like it crit resists less than the others, but i'd place that in a realm of my own superstition before saying that it's a fact. Also yes, 7 minutes is very very nice.