View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My question is, when you say run install.bat... What is that? Is it included in the download? is it a program from another party i have to download? Is it already on my PC???
It's a thing I cobbled together in a scripting language called batch, and yes as Lord Cucumbers says it is in the downloaded files. Please follow the install instructions on our Wiki page for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, important question... Whats the difference between this and the other character texture one?
Our textures were upscaled using a superior denoise algorithm and converted to DDS for memory conservation so you'll crash less often, whereas Chebby's texture package from 2013 will cause your client to crash more often. Our package includes a ton of completely redone textures which are mostly true to classic aesthetics - basically all held items including weapons and shields have been painstakingly pored over and manually improved. Our package includes Sorn's masterfully reworked character faces (see the screenshot thread). Our package includes all transparency patcher fixes preapplied, as well as all of Zaela's animation and particle fixes, and a litany other miscellaneous transparency, semi-transparency, and cosmetic fixes which are all unique to our package. See our Wiki page for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I'm normally super fussy on shields, but the central boss on that thing is looking great!

Can it easily be recycled to other shields?
By Cucumbers, perhaps, on the classic round shields. That's up to him though.