Thread: Web design help
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

There are many tools you can use, but personally I use the free/open-source tool GIMP. You just open your image file, use the "Scale Image" menu item to scale it down (if necessary), and then export it as a PNG or JPG file.

Just doing that should reduce the file size a huge amount (with the exact amount, and the exact impact on your image's detail, depending on how far you scale it down).

P.S. Also there's a way to batch process several images at once using GIMP, but I've never done that: https://ulyssesonline.com/2008/09/22...ges-with-gimp/. And if for whatever reason GIMP doesn't work for you, there are also websites that do this sort of thing (but usually with some kind of cost: either they charge you or they add a watermark to your images).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-24-2019 at 06:04 PM..