Thread: Web design help
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are many tools you can use, but personally I use the free/open-source tool GIMP. You just open your image file, use the "Scale Image" menu item to scale it down (if necessary), and then export it as a PNG or JPG file.

Just doing that should reduce the file size a huge amount (with the exact amount, and the exact impact on your image's detail, depending on how far you scale it down).

P.S. Also there's a way to batch process several images at once using GIMP, but I've never done that: https://ulyssesonline.com/2008/09/22...ges-with-gimp/. And if for whatever reason GIMP doesn't work for you, there are also websites that do this sort of thing (but usually with some kind of cost: either they charge you or they add a watermark to your images).
there is a way to use the old outlook email program to reduce file sizes en masse. Its done by attaching photos in an email, shrinking the size, and then grabbing the photos out of temporary files before they are sent.

i dont particularly like doing it that way as it feels cumbersome, but it does work