Thread: Web design help
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i sell stuff from thousands of vendors as well as my branded products
Ahhh.

Well getting back to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How you going to get a program to add products to a site, download images, upload them and configure attributes?

Write me a program bro you have no idea how much money we will make.
That's almost all very automatable (web scrapers are simple tech). The tricky part is that different vendors have different websites. For just grabbing whatever images there's ways to work around that, but to get the "attributes" (data about those products I assume?) ... that would be nearly impossible to do, in an automated way, for hundreds of sites.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done (with AI or without), but it likely wouldn't be worth the cost compared to just paying humans.

For something like that I think the smart thing to do would be to automate as much of the process as you possibly can, but then yeah ultimately you have to pay some warm bodies to go onto each site and somehow mark (in your automation tool) that "the information we want is kept here on this site".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.