View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Rogean,

Hows about just straight up telling us what you guys need to keep the project running, and offering a little transparency.

So hows about telling us what you want, and seeing where it goes.
Not trying to slam you here, and as a fellow p99 citizen, I appreciate your willingness to help.

Rogean was incredibly transparent here with detailing the hardware and hypervisor used for the various servers that they host. He is also not asking for cash, but if any of us have access to relevant hardware to replace the aging stuff.

Until 2019 I worked for a company that would frequently hand out enterprise grade hardware. Before I moved half way across the country in 2020 I sold the hpe proliants, Nimble storage, switches and cables that were handed to me. If I still worked for that company, I can guarantee I would have viable replacements in my possession.

My point being, for some in the IT industry, having access to this hardware is not uncommon and this approach allows Rogean and team to best utilize the funds.