View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Analogy time!

"Waiter, I'm torn between the cheese n' mushroom sirloin and the steak and seafood meals. What do you recommend?"

"Well sir, I really think you're just trying to decide what is best. You should eat what you want. And if your friends here don't approve of your choice in food, you should eat here alone or you should find new friends."

It's a good thing you don't work for tips, Lishrac
This is a pretty awful analogy. It's a good thing you're not a professional analogy-maker, or else you'd probably have a tough time finding work.

It's a waiters job to pander to customers, kiss ass and take orders. They're paid specifically for this reason.

Whereas Lishrac is not on anyone's payroll here and is just presenting his opinion on the topic, probably not giving two shits whether OP appreciates it or not.

These two things are not analogous!

Anyway, as for OP's question, I agree that race doesn't play a whole lot into the viability of any class. As an SK, Low STR/STA races are going to have a bit of a hard time at low levels because their stat difference will be more pronounced. But by the time you get to level 30 it will hardly make a difference. Honestly, your biggest problem early on is going to be carrying capacity - you won't have all the STR Ogres and Trolls have, so you won't be able to loot up as much before having to hit the vendor/bank.