View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 12:07 PM
Aviak

I'm a returning player that started playing when Kunark came out, so my take/nostalgia will be a little bit different, but....

I would recommend starting on Green. That's what I've been playing on and it's been a blast. Most everyone I have come across has been pleasant, the lower level zones are busy enough to find groups but it's not so over-crowded that you can't get a camp (at least my hours). Gear might be a bit more expensive than on Blue but a lot of those items are a long ways off for us, so it's not too big of a worry. And Kunark will be opening soon which should be great fun experiencing.

I would also recommend not starting a warrior. If you want to do melee, I would go Shadow Knight/Paladin just so you have some sort of life-tap/heal. Otherwise you will be very dependent on having a healer nearby to keep to XP flowing. Starting a Mage or Necro would be even better because they're less equipment dependent and stronger soloing which would give you more flexibility in your playing. Druid is another option because you have a lot of abilities in your tool-kit and you have Invis, SoW and later teleports which will help open the world up to you. Any of those classes should give you a quicker start than doing a Warrior, and if your heart is set on it then you can raise some plat and gear up your alt for easier leveling later.

Good luck and have fun!