View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

First off, my advice (as a level 60 Barbarian Shaman) is to not worry about earning plat at all for your Shaman. The plat you earn just from leveling should be more than enough to cover your spells, and the gear you earn leveling should be all you need. We Shaman are powerful with or without gear, and we really don't need the extra few points of HP/Mana that you'd get from better gear. Plus, if you start saving your plat (except what you spend on spells) now, there's a good chance you'll have enough to buy a JBB when you hit 45.

Your wife's ranger is a different story. If you group with others then all she'll need is a decent melee weapon and a haste item, but if the two of you are duoing then she'll also want some AC to help her tank.

In spite of this I'd still recommend that you try to spend as little time as possible farming plat: just get her the bare minimum gear you need to be able to level together, and then forget about plat and get back to leveling. Why? If you farm plat at your level you'll be getting tens of plat per hour. But if you can get your characters to a higher level you'll be able to get hundreds of plat per hour (or even potentially 1k+/hour at 50+). In other words, farming plat at low levels is super inefficient, but farming XP (ie. leveling) with the bare minimum gear is only slightly less efficient than leveling with great gear.

So, with all that out of the way ... check out the wiki's "Treasure Hunting Guide", which I have a link to in my signature. It's filled with ideas of places/ways to make plat for characters of all levels. Assuming you're both in the Qeynos area and have magic weapons then the best place to head is probably Erud's Crossing (and if not your Shaman can get one easily with the Initiate Symbol of the Tribunal quest). There are wisps there you can hunt for lightstones (greater or normal), which you can turn in to the gypsies in North Karana for plat and XP. Also there's a madman in Erud's Crossing who you should be able to duo, and the earrings that the "named" version of him drops can sell for a decent amount.

Also you could do Pyjn in Qeynos Hills, but she's a bit of a hassle: it will likely take you quite awhile to get her Glowing Black Stone, and even once you do you'll likely have to travel all the way to East Commonlands to sell it. One final thought is Permafrost: you should be able to take on the goblins closer to the zone-in, and they can potentially drop HQ ore which (while heavy) sells for a good amount. I've never actually tried this with characters of your level before though, so I'm not sure how much plat you'll get (if you try it and it works well please consider adding it to the Treasure Hunting Guide; it's a wiki!)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-19-2017 at 01:30 PM..