View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Post From Firiona, with love...

~~~
Wednesday, October 18th, 3104. Approximately 5am:

After my quick briefing with the General, I'm taken to the Iksar prisoner as he's prepared for transfer by boat.

We reach the dock and prepare to board, when I'm suddenly struck from my feet. Somehow, the lizard managed to tail sweep me, and also all of the other guards. A few are knocked straight off of the dock into the ocean.

Luckily, I'm able to pull myself to my feet, but in those moments he had already managed to unlock the rest of his shackles as one of the guards dropped the key ring on the pier as they went over.

One of my backpacks spilled open, and the lizard grabs my coin pouch and my Tome of Order and Discord (probably thinking it was my spellbook.) He flees North with my book in tow, straight out of town past the Trackers and other guards...

With the benefit of my Spirit of the Wolf magic, I pursue the escaped lizard North and to the West, following the stream past some extremely hideous half-spider, half-humanoid creatures that I had no intention of meeting any further. I narrowly miss death numerous times as the escaped Iksar manages to gain more distance by the minute.

I eventually lose track of the scaly felon as I search a sizable portion of the lake area on foot. I essentially give up after I find a large windmill area, and take some time to recuperate.

A Dwarf vendor is standing inside and I take a moment peruse his wares (forgetting that the Iksar thief had absconded with my money.) This dwarf seems to take special interest in my chain coat, offering to take it off of me for some coin (and quite literally so!) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I pocket an easy 40 platinum (and he gets a bit of a free show) as I change into a new Ceremonial Sarnak Emblazoned Tabard in exchange for my old gear... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I pack up and Gate back to Firiona Vie to take the next ship out.
~~~

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(A sunrise foot pursuit leading to the Lake of Ill Omen.)
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 10-12-2017 at 12:59 PM..