View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do the people in your universe act against incentives?
To imply anybody that could use some extra money IRL(I assume that is what you mean by incentive) that has been accused/banned of RMT (easy for the GMs to get wrong) likely did what they were banned for...is stupid.

I remember when Kluwen RMT'd and over 500 accounts got banned, and then almost all of them were unbanned. The tactic that Braknar used back then was to nuke every account that Kluwen ever logged into, including my own, and then unban anybody that petitioned that either 1) didn't have any RMT looking transaction whatsoever, or 2) were able to prove that an RMT-looking trade or transfer was not actual RMT. Almost all of the 500 accounts were unbanned.

I don't know if Llandris learned from what Braknar discovered was a massive headache and was more careful about 110 accounts he banned. If not, he is likely in the middle of unbanning dozens of accounts.

Does that mean the innocents that got caught up in a blanket banning didn't have incentive? Personally I don't, but I would be willing to bet that most p99ers could use the cash that they would net from RMT.

Point being that on p99 I can guarantee that most RMT bans are people that technically had an incentive to RMT but did not RMT and got unbanned if the GM at that time was being fair (like Brak was).