View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am saying that if you choose to focus on platinum rather than experience, it's not that hard to buy a few lower tier raid items, thus making the lack of good Velious caster gear relevant.
This line of discussion started with this:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=35

You advised the OP that necros are sustained “bottom dps” without charm. That simply is not the case. Or should we consider them bottom dps because every melee should be expected to farm large sums of platinum and buy a ST key and a primal weapon from Aftermath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything you write, like magicians doing 120 dps or necros doing lots of CC, makes perfect sense if you spend your time in mid 50s PUGs with 50% downtime. None of it makes any sense in good groups, say 20% or less downtime, at higher level areas like the spore king, Siren's Grotto, juggs, HoT, etc.
Have you forgotten your audience? The very first line of the very first post by the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will be mostly a filthy casual
Performance in a mid 50’s PUG is a lot more relevant to the OP then how you stack up to a velious raid geared monk with Vulak weapon while farming HoT with a single group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
120 sustained dps from a 58 mage on juggs and shrooms? i doubt it
You’re right, I misspoke. My mage hasn’t been beyond Crypt/Emp levels in seb. When you think about it that camp in particular isn’t the best example as depending on the cadence of the group you can easily end up with staggered spawns and unexpectedly high amounts of down time.

Higher level frogs/shrooms and juggs - 120 ain’t gonna happen.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2