View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Default How will Velious's release affect the raid community?

I'm not a representative of any guild. I don't raid except for the blue moon when I'm both available for and interested in dealing with raiding a plane/dragon/etc. Also keep in mind that I am only casually familiar with the current raid ruleset/rotation thing. Like I said, I don't involve myself with it so I have little need to understand it.

That said, it seems like the raiding scene will diverge between the heavy raiding guilds and the casual raiding guilds. There are some players with the availability and inclination to raid for several hours a day, several days a week.

The guild(s) with the bulk of these player types might see NToV and similar Velious raiding environments as a relief from fighting over Classic/Kunark content, since the respawn timer on those mobs is shorter (right?), and the raids take longer to complete.

The guilds that currently struggle to catch Classic/Kunark raid targets that are up or within their rotation may see an increased opportunity to kill more and advance.

A few topics I'd like to see discussed are:
  1. Should the raid rules should be altered in some way to accommodate for these effects (and again, I don't have an agenda concerning raiding or the rules)?
  2. Will the current state of P99 raiding will return after enough time has passed? Velious content will eventually become stale, how long will that take to happen?
  3. With the release of Kunark, Project 1999 saw a large population increase. With Velious upcoming, do you think we've hit saturation of players who want to play classic EQ, or will we see a similar spike in server population? At what point would the staff consider splitting the PvE into two? How would this affect raiding?

...or, just ignore this and call me names.
Last edited by Nocte; 02-05-2014 at 07:14 PM..