View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sad thing about that chick is all the she had to do was lie to me. I’m not sure if her telling me the truth was some sort of survival instinct that knew I was clinically obligated to stop her or why she did

But for whatever reason she told me the truth, and she lost her gun rights. All she had to do to finish the job of killing herself or mass murdering was just lie to me. That’s how easy it is to beat the mental health system sometimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both of you did the right thing.

I've been through the system many times, one of the major things i learned is that the social workers are legally kneecapped, bound and gagged, and then told to go help people.

So I've gotten some info thru channels, and gone out into the streets to try and meet the suffering where they are. There is a doctor who agreed to function as the Jim Gordon to my Batman. He knows how his hands are tied, I started talking about how the people in crisis need to be met where they are, because the hospital is only triage, they keep you for a week and send you on your way, and then given a therapist appt 4 months out.

Then he said, "so you wanna do a Batman thing?" he "tells" me where in the city that I might find folks struggling.

I have sat in the lobby of a non-profit mental help center where people in crisis can walk in, and I talk to them before they get to the "medical help" before any legal documents are signed. I've walked the streets in ghettos to try to wake up and talk to the passed out junkies, I've sat with single mothers who just needed to unload stress, I've talked to people who couldn't remember 5 minutes ago.

as the old adage goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. If a person has cancer, you can cure that against their will if you really tried. If a person has a mental problem, not a god damn thing you do will have any effect if that person is not willing to accept treatment.

We are trying to treat mental illness the same way as any bodily disease. Analyze symptoms in a clinical setting and then select a course of treatment from a pre-approved list of treatments.

This is totally the wrong approach. People aren't the same as they are in the hospital as they are out in the wilderness. When you bring them into the hospital, all sorts of things change, they respond differently I guess due to the nature of the comfortable and safe environment, which is necessary, but they deserve to have safety and comfort out on the streets to begin with.

I believe we have to meet the troubled where they are, instead of bringing the patient to the crisis center, we bring the crisis center to the patient.

Comedian Michael Che has a bit that goes like, "If your life sucks, and you're sad about it, that is NOT depression, it is not a mental illness, it is a natural reaction to adverse circumstances" he's right, if you touch the hot burner on the stove, your body gives you an indication to stop doing that. Depression is not more than the brain telling the other parts of the brain, "Hey guys I think we need to be doing different things"

I need about 100 million per year and I WILL solve the mental health crisis, or at the minimum drastically reduce it.