View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 11:50 AM
Banned

You could look up vids by Tecmos Deception or Rektyou on YouTube to see how the class plays at higher levels

Really there’s a lot of overlap between classes in EQ. Enchanters often are charming mobs, but Druids and Necros also charm. So if you’ve charmed on a Druid or Necro before, it’s a lot more of the same. If you don’t like charming, you probably won’t enjoy enchanter. Their charms have a bit more risk because they lack a snare on the charmed mob as an extra layer of protection. This means that when charm breaks happen, the charmed mob (the other mob you are killing is almost always going to be rooted) can close the distance to you very fast. This requires careful paying of attention, especially since later on the mobs can kill a squishy chanter within seconds of melee

Also, a charmed mob will almost always take 50% of your exp, so to charm effectively as an exp method will usually require reverse charming, which is deliberately causing your charmed pet to lose the fight then breaking charm when it is below 10% health and killing it for max exp. If you charm a much stronger pet than the mobs around it, that pet will take 50% exp of everything it kills

The other method of killing is with the animation pet. It’s not going to cut it alone against mobs as you get higher in levels, and so will require slowing the mob, and usually stepping in yourself (and back out with root) while alternating color stuns to keep the mob somewhat stun locked while the pet beats on it

Grouping is being a buff bot and cc’ing mobs with mez, maybe occasionally charming depending on your group. I have exclusively soloed on my chanter so won’t speak on group dynamics

I’m no expert, I’m sure you can find someone in game to provide more info. In summary it is indeed a powerful, but high stress, class