View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm gonna be honest here, this post I made came off a really bad experience I had last night. I was on my 20 wizard killing Crag Spiders in EK. I had gotten one down to 50% but immediately got 3 nukes resisted in a row. I didn't have the mana to finish it off so I ran to a nearby group hoping they'd be able to help me finish it off. They basically just stood there and laughed while the spider beat on me, waited for me to die, and then took the kill for themselves. It made me genuinely feel horrible and reminded me that not all of this server's community is good.

So I immediately gated home and contemplated what I wanted to do next. I don't want to play a wizard anymore. I want to play something that can solo far better, can save itself more reliably, and doesn't have to rely on as many people because you can't always rely on them.

I'm currently weighing my options but atm my top two are playing an enchanter, or playing green server iksar necromancer #71890. I think I like the theme of enchanters more, but the class does seem far more daunting. Especially the idea of farming up a set of -MR gear just to give to a pet, spending all that time and money and then accidently losing it just doesn't sit well with me.
You'll die plenty soloing on the enchanter too. Often people are slow to intervene not because they're laughing at you but because it's not always obvious when you're helping someone vs screwing them up, if they're even watching. If they were making mocking comments towards you, it's likely they had some kind of bone to pick with you (thought you were sniping their pulls or something).

Enchanters are good at soloing xp, highly desired by groups, great at soloing dungeon nameds, and for me charming is a ton of fun. I wouldn't be surprised if enchanters outnumber necros, but if you like the idea of charming I recommend the class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping is being a buff bot and cc’ing mobs with mez, maybe occasionally charming depending on your group. I have exclusively soloed on my chanter so won’t speak on group dynamics
I typically kept a charm pet when in a group leveling up; it seemed well received at the time. The advice to use an easy pet in groups is good advice.