View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Banned

It would be good to try the occasional dungeon too to get used to breaking camps before it becomes much more stressful/risky like Howling Stones where I hear you can die and then be locked out of even getting back to your body due to the key being on your body. That is just crazy to me, and I personally wouldn’t attempt it because I don’t have the money to be able to keep a WC cap on me always for the times when even gate isn’t fast enough...

Enchanters have the luxury of being able to go around everywhere in the dungeon invis, something other pet classes really don’t. Once they settle in they have to summon a pet, which means re-summoning over and over until a high level one usually. Then if they want to move, they either have to clear everything to their new spot or ditch that pet to invis. I guess necro’s can just run through and FD, but pretty sure the mobs will still kill that pet. Enchanters can move all over the dungeon on a whim with invis and IVU

I personally had a lot of fun sneaking around invis and then monitoring pathers until I memorized their movements. Then I would tell myself “ok gnome vision through the wall, the pather just left. That means I have exactly 5 minutes to lull/break this camp of 3, and stabilize the situation before he gets back. He’s going to come through that door so sit with my back to this wall in case I don’t have the situation stabilized yet so he can’t backstab me when he comes in”

All the sneaking around, monitoring mob movements, and planning elaborate camp breaks is really what cemented enchanter as the class for me. Prior to that everything was kinda tedious and boring, even charming outside. This changes the game into almost like a Solid Snake stealth/spy game. Great to break up the monotony