View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Orc

Default Green concept? Still confused.

As someone who has never given P99 (as a TLPer, of course I've always known about it) a serious try, this could be biased from my lack of experience here but....

Am I the only one still kind of confused as to exactly what the plan is for patch progression in green?

I've read http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server. Besides the schedule I also see "each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001."

But does this mean the goal of green is supposed to encompass every small change observed in the patch notes? Some posters seem to suggest this, but that just seems highly unrealistic and unlikely.

Are there specific class/defining-mechanics that are intended to be "patched-in" and then patched-out? Will there be an attempt to patch every little minute spell detail? Or will it mostly be based around the zone release schedule linked above, and similar to having different phases like WoW classic?

Does the dev team want to purposefully remain ambiguous as to what the exact plan is, or as to what exact changes they feel will deserve being reflected in the timeline? Maybe as a way to recreate that sense of "not knowing" that came with original EQ? I wouldn't mind that, but it'd be nice to get clarification.

This isn't a call-out or thread about whining. I've scoured a lot of information over the last week and at this point I still honestly don't know exactly.