View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a Druid to 39-44 just for porting purposes, both for Castle guildies and side cash?

I don't mind doing it, especially if it'll get me some better gear on my Ranger main and future Bard/Pally alts. I can rootrot and buttsit all day if I have to.
Bone chips and CB belts until 14, charm from 14-34, quad from 34-44. Focus on leveling until 44, CS/WL make up a substantial percentage of porting fare.

Porting isn't always great money. You'll hit strings of back-to-back-to-back CRs, people tipping ~10p, and time wasters ("Hey can you come pick me up at FoB?") that will ruin your plat per hour. Time of day and how much competition you have versus other porters makes a big difference too. But, during earthquakes and repops, its not difficult to make some pretty nice plat per hour if you stay on the ball. Be ready for big swings of doing 200p/hour for a bit, then >500p/hour when things spawn.

Quote:
I'm as lazy as they come. But does the server need another Druid/porter, or is it just wasted breath?
It all depends on what time you hawk your wares and what's going on. There are times when it is common for there to be 0-2 44+ Dial a Port'ers online, and that is the time when it (usually) pays well. Once there's more than ~6 DaP'ers online, I generally do something else, unless repop is going on.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-24-2019 at 03:51 PM..