View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

I really like AC as a stat in general. Rogues can get tanky enough for group content, especially if you're being healed by a Torp Shaman instead of a Cleric. Rogue HP sucks so does not benefit as much from CHeals, but defensive skills are equal to Warriors and we get an extra AC boost from AGI that helps offset the higher Warrior Softcap AC returns. If you use poison you can also have immediate snap aggro on every engage which can be good.

Most of the time it makes more sense for someone else to tank so the Rogue can backstab, but I have found having high AC to be nice for some niche stuff like duoing puppets in POM, irregular plate house groups with no real tank or the time I took a group of Rogues to SG and we just stealthed around the zone assassinating singles. Our main tank was a WToV geared Rogue, and she did great at surviving while the rest of us burned down targets. We had a factioned cleric patch her up between kills so we could keep rolling.

Its less good for raid boss fights, where maybe you survive an extra round of attacks if you draw aggro or something, but probably doesn't make a big difference.