View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're looking for some kind of streaming software. Run EQ on the main computer and stream the output over a network to a client computer. Steam's offerings are the go-to option from what I've seen.

Other options are remote control softwares: logmein, teamviewer, go to my pc, tightvnc, etc.. There is even one of these that claims to be for gaming, but it's not free and I can't remember the name.

And then there is software that lets you use a single keyboard/mouse for multiple computers. You'd need a monitor for the desktop though, or a combination of one of the above plus Synergy, which is the name of said software.
Oh, I hadn't even thought of doing it that way, good idea!

However, it will only work if you don't mind running two separate computers (the laptop can't just "be a keyboard/monitor" in that scenario, it has to be a fully running computer), and I would very much expect some lag (though depending on how you set things up it might not be an insurmountable amount).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.