View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think this would be wrong at all. I think letting kids transition before they have a full attention span (brain development doesn’t finish in males until ~25ish) is borderline child abuse IMO. Permanent is very consequential and having raised three kids, Jesus Christ do they change their mindsets from adolescence to adulthood man
In behavioral health we have this status in my state called SMI - serious mental illness, and despite its bad sounding name lots of people want it. It doesn’t actually limit a person in any way, but opens up additional services such as free Medicaid health insurance, sometimes free housing somewhere, and always a case manager to assist with many different life issues

You have to apply for an evaluation for SMI status and almost EVERYONE gets shot down. It’s meant for people who are so crazy that they cannot function on any level. It’s really only meant for people with legit schizophrenia, even people who try to fake it get shot down since schizophrenia is actually very difficult to convincingly fake

What I’m wondering is, what are these psychological evaluations before gender affirming surgery like? If a child or young adult wants to get her breasts cut off, I’m assuming they need a mental health professional to sign off on it. I would hope it would be like an SMI evaluation, where 97% of people get told “no sorry, you’re just not crazy enough” in nicer terms. But if these evaluations are being done by “queer identifying” practitioners at gender clinics, I bet it’s the complete opposite. I bet they say “sure fam, let’s get those hormones going or those boobs cut off” without much resistance

But that’s the cynic in me