View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Orc

Exclamation

Hey so after waking up and taking a gander at freeport west. This transpose stuff is getting more confusing. It seems Freeport uses a transposed system and I'm not supposed to "un-transpose" it.

If I do not un-transpose and use the exact coordinates I see in EQ viewer, they match up exactly with the coordinates for NPCS we have listed for Freeport West.

I don't like it.
When I move East/West, the Y axis is changing.
When I move North/South the X axis is changing.

If I'm to create a map where X runs left and right, I would have to rotate the map.
Now the map no longer faces pointing up to North and it may just confuse players so much.

Or I leave it facing North and then mark on the map's axis the change in the X and Y axis?

The axis are set like this for all 3 Freeport maps.
==============
Er I might be making an assumption on which way North is. (i thought I got its direction using other maps)
So I just learned the loc command returns coordinates out of order and many other zones seem to have the +X direction equated to North?

Quote:
/loc
To get your coordinate location in your current zone, type "/loc" or simply "/l". The resulting set of numbers is in the form of (y, x, z).

y: North (positive) and South (negative)
x: West (positive) and East (negative)
z: Up (positive) and Down (negative)
Note: The z coordinate often won't be needed, and is therefore not used in many cases.

Example: If you are at (200, 500) and you need to get to (-1300, 400), you must travel South and slightly to the East.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quandry.jpg (57.9 KB, 56 views)
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-25-2019 at 10:52 PM..