View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmedina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing 2 days ago and I must tell you after spending 2 hours of my life making it work I am not surprised this server is not growing.

I documented my installation nightmare in this video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx45I0DLvwg

How come nobody has streamlined the process yet? Not only there is no centralized way to know how to set up the whole thing (Neither this website or EqEmu's has all the info you need to do so) but most if not all my hassle could have been automated by a single installer.

I don't want to watch a 30 minute video to install the game, and neither does any potential new player.

Even if you make a condensed readable and to the point guide that "just works" the guide provided in this website is very awkwardly formatted and frankly tedious to navigate.

I may not be a member of this community but I beg you to listen to me; if you do not improve your How-to section and provide a proper Setup download this game will never grow.

Please don't look at this through the eyes of you who has been playing this game for 20 years, just imagine for a moment how awful this is for someone that never installed this game before and how avoidable this is.

Thank you for reading my very long rant
When i made my first character on live 22 years ago it was a dark elf necromancer cause that sounded badass. I had no idea what to do, where to go, or even how to find my way out of the dark maze of a city I found myself in. The game was utterly indifferent to my success.

That's everquest.