Thread: March Patch
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not that I don't believe you, I just need more to substantiate a change. I'm 99% done with the VSR respawn changes, and want to get this in at the same time.
Apr 01 2003 at 4:46 PMRating: Decent
Sir drannor
138 posts
There is a good chance I will be getting this staff first. Due to its common drop rate, and the fact that VS is rather easy (I think he's easier than the golem, or rather all that's involved in dropping the golem), I may get this well before being done with my epic. In which case, I will definitely be weilding it...

Nov 19 2001 at 4:28 PMRating: Decent
Obiquon
37 posts
What are you talking about?!

its 10/30 and this one is a much more common drop than the blue crystal staff of Phinny.

Hardest Part?
#Mar 20 2003 at 5:57 AMRating: Default
Codeguru
166 posts
I am told and have found that the staff drops 1 in 4 kills now. I was keeping track of the kills about 5 months ago and many have said they upped the drop rate on a patch so I checked and it is indeed higher now. Now it's not even that uncommon for the staff to drop multiple times in a row but it would still be rare. All I can say is it's about time, for something as over camped as Phinny sometimes is by the **** insomniac uber guilds it's nice to give the common wizard a greater chance to get it on 1 kill.

Maybe they decreased the drop rate after the initial near 100% drop ? That would explain magelo, not sure, I just know it was a near guaranteed drop for my time period of playing after the epic revamps went in and VS was 3 days.

May 29 2001 at 6:54 PMRating: Decent
eclypse
6 posts
No this is not the hardest part, the hardest part is phinny who drops his staff about once every 15 kills, as oposed to VS who drops it fairly regularly. Least thats been my expierence. My 2cp

was what I found on Zam - Phinny by far the mob most wizard complained about on all the commentary
Last edited by Erati; 03-22-2016 at 03:16 PM..