View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That spear is 25ac 50hp,sweet,but during scenarios where you just want to tank a hard thing, a 45ac 225hp is just better, even if that tank your dps...
My sword/board combo presently is only 25ac 5stam and 40hp. It has serviced me well enough for any content that is appropriate for a knight to be expected to tank but my previous 2hander was better. This improved ratio only nets a 20ac loss over my previous 2hander (but a minor hp boost). Once your gear is in an appropriate range for functional viability, survival starts and ends with your healing team. If I really need more umph I can swap 2handers for an extra 20ac.

We’ll see.

If I pick up a fat 40+ac shield to pair with a 40+ ac 1hander I will situationally use it, but for content where a knight needs to turtle down that hard you’re almost definitely going to have a warrior tanking it. We generally have warriors outnumbering paladins 4-5:1 on our raids. I really only play the knight when the warrior is parked elsewhere or when warrior numbers are saturated and we could use some off healing support, 200hp pal buffs, or on easier trash content where guaranteed snap aggro is preferable.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 11-12-2019 at 10:36 AM..