View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

After spending quite a bit of time as Necro/Bard/Enchanter and from what I've researched and observed here's how I understand it:

Necro's get 2 roll checks. Level and MR. If the mob doesn't roll over both checks, then the mob stays charmed.

Enchanter gets an additional roll check, with charisma. The mob has to roll over MR, Level, and the charisma check to break the charm. The third check, is just an additional chance the enchanter has for the charm not to break, making their charms more efficient. Bards work under the same formula, but since there charm is only a short duration the additional cha check is less important.

The cha check isn't applied to druids/necro's so there's a higher chance for their charms to break per tick. Level range is the biggest factor for any charm class as the MR and Cha checks respectively, seem to be easier to be passed.

What I'm unsure of is if charisma checks are applied to necro lulls, because mine crit fail a ton as a necro. I've haven't cared enough to throw on a small cha set and test it but if it did effect it, it might be worth throwing on some cha when soloing some higher end stuff like HS south on a necro.

Again, this is just info I've gathered from other players or browsed through on the forums. In no way am I claiming it as fact, but it's the assumptions I've operated under.