View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you implement something like this that has fixed sized assets and requires the use of a specifically sized viewport?
How many times must I say it? I'm not asking that they fully implement the 100% classic UI. I've acknowledged that I understand it can't be done, be it due to technical or simply manpower limitations.

What I'm saying is that by barring us from using third party UI's, they're squashing the ability to find something that bridges the gap between what we have now and what we wish we could have.

There are third party UI's; as posted by ivory just above, that add the granite-background/sandstone buttons/scroll effects to the current, free-floating ui elements. Kind of like how the bank/merchant/trade/book appears to fit the truly classic motif, int he current iteration of their "f10 classic" ui.

But we aren't allowed to use those third party alternatives. Because the devs in their wisdom have decided that even though we can't have a truly classic experience, they need to implement rules to prevent people from finding a happy medium. That it's "not classic" even though the true classic experience isn't possible.
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 11:31 PM..