View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 08:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that’ll be your best bet to be 100% sure if it’s a shield on those items that are caster only. I’ve been curious about this question for awhile as well, and all I’ve come up with is the same solutions as you. The type 8 items seem to be unreliable, you can use the shield bash method on anything a war/knight can equip and try bash for those items, and the others yea gotta parse them out imo. Good luck if you find any other info please update, glad others are curious as well.
I think your right but I think there's a problem with the "parse it out" method in that its only really accessible to the 1%.

The shields I'm primarily concerned with are enchanter or mage usable. The ones that are cross-class compatible with knights/warriors are NToV items putting them out of reach for some.

For the ones that aren't (e.g. tradeable secondary items for cloth casters), if I were to acquire and parse with them I would need to be very close to or at the worn AC cap described here otherwise adding the shield isn't going to show anything particularly useful on the parse (there will be a reduction due to getting closer to the AC cap but it won't prove whether an item is a shield or not since we are trying to parse breaking the cap). Again - the only cloth casters that are going to be close to the worn cap are going to be long-time raiders with lots of NToV pieces.