Thread: DOT stacking
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just wondering at what point in EQ history do druid DOTs begin to stack

was it before or after luclin
Only certain DOTs stack. I played live just past the expansion that included "instances". It is how how it always has been, with the exception of root not removing epic DOT.

You can stack insect DOT line with Fire line.
You cannot stack insect with insect.

The only exception is

Drones of Doom (from druid arms) stacks with Winged death, therefore you can currently have 3 dots on a mob if you do not have epic.

When you have epic you can have
(1) Breath of Ro (level 52)
(2) Winged death (level 53)
(3) Drones of doom (druid arms)
(4) Wrath of nature (druid epic) on a moving mob, the problem is while its snared with epic you get the epic and the DOT damage is reduced because its moving. You root it to get the full effect of the DOTs, you lose the epic DOT because epic dot has a snare component that still does not stack with root. (that gets changed in Luclin i believe). Until it does Knix's epic is used for stats, and an occasional Jugg raid. /sigh so much effort for minimal pay off.

Also on raids druid A's DOTs do not stack with Druid B. Each mob can only have one type of druid DOT on it.