View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nedala, are you fucking kidding me?

That's EXACTLY the way it worked on live. people KNEW when things would pop and they'd get there beforehand. If there were no variance here there would have to be new rules or no rules at all, and either one i'm completely okay with. FFS, that's why you GOT rotation, FFA, FTE, and all the other crazy shit people came up with. There WERE massive clusterfucks. I can actually remember rolling a /random to see who got the first shot at a particular target. Never, and i repeat, never was there any server or moment in EQ history where people waited for a target with a variance. Ever.
Are you fucking kidding me? We had poopsocking ON THIS SERVER; even when the variance was in, when we had the "first 15 people in zone rule" are you actually believing there wouldnt be massive poopsocking with a variance on this server? This is not live, there are way more raiding guilds. We had poopsocking with variance it would be awful without one. The rules like we have right now are good. And if classic raid experience actually means you have to camp a raid target for hours (days) to get a chance to kill them, then im happy we dont have classic raiding experience here.