View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voradan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although this is more or less me just tossing a little more fuel to the fire of a heated debate.. I have all was have been a bit of a pyro..

I know Quellious had a raid rotation between the raid guilds. It was a community effort like people are saying. The raiding guilds of Quellious got tired of fighting over certain raid content I would like to say it was mostly dungeon based things like VP and NToV (which is not in game yet), but things like Trak(for example) was first come first served. Keep in mind if a force started getting mobilized and was there right in front of Trak (again for example) most guilds would let them be.

I guess the biggest point I am trying to make is that other servers on the SOE servers did do rotations to a degree.

Hrmm I think I might of just added to the mess.. oh well heh
I was on Quellious as well, it worked wonders and lots had a chance at loot who otherwise would not even be able to look at the mobs. Seems to me the ones most bothered by a rotation, are the ones who feel everything is theirs which are usually the most powerful guilds with much time on their hands.. MINE! I agree with competition, but monopoly as a whole different ball of wax.

School yard mentality isnt what this game was based on and why it did so well. It was the interaction with others with like minded goals within the game. The ones that play 40+ hours a week are [B]usually[B] the same people that are stating that it should be first come first serve. The same people are stating that type of competition was what made the game. In fact, the game was made by the lesser guilds, which were the majority.

With that in mind, how long would the game actually last when you make it more difficult for the lesser guilds to actually enjoy high end content? Higher tier guilds wouldnt have a minor league to pluck from when someone is on hiatus. The higher end guild would nonetheless be on an empty server.

Lets regulate it with a flagging system... higher end blow through it... Aww shucks we lost people... now backflag.... game dies.

If everyone gets a shot, the above doesnt happen nor does it need to be implemented.

I have been on both ends of the spectrum. High end raiding guild that demanded alot of time. Medium casual guild that got its chances only when we worked with others in order to take a shot at bosses.

I spent more time with the raid guild than the casual and I would have killed for the comaraderie of my original guild. By the time I got what I wanted, the original guild had been absorbed by others. I know many of them felt the same way.

All in the name of pixel loot.

My 2 cents...