View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the infestation is better agro than the Blade of the black dragon eye. Epic in your main hand and infestation offhand is the best threat set up out those 1 hand weapons.

2) Yes get rid of the culler, it is terrible. The blue blade + dagas will do ok dps due to the worn effect of the blue blade being so good. Long term though, you will want to pick up something with a better ratio and lower delay to put in the main hand. For example, Kreizenn's Flame + blue blade is the best dps set up in the game for warriors.

3) You want to keep a shield, however if you can hit the stamina cap without the sta from the bladestopper you could sell it and use https://wiki.project1999.com/Clay_Guardian_Shield instead.

4) Definitely replace idol of the thorned once you no longer need the stamina. The Eye of Narandi mentioned is a good option, and as a cheaper option there is https://wiki.project1999.com/Sandwic...Smelling_Herbs . It has 10hp more than Eye of Narandi, but in exchange for the AC and other stats narandi eye has. If the sandwich is in your ranged slot you will never eat it so it's safe there.

5) Epic 2h is excellent for main tank duty. The threat it generates is on par with or even better than most 1 hand combos. Additionally, it has great stats with the 100hp, resists, etc. And as mentioned by others, you take less ripostes using a 2h weapon so your damage taken will be reduced by using it.

Hope this was helpful and best of luck!
Food for thought! Helps a lot. And man, on our most recent HOT raid, I tried Red Blade mainhand / Infestation offhand; versus Red Blade mainhand / BOTBDE offhand, and I have to say...the Infestation really locked in aggro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Smash shared some aggro research/testing results and apparently offhand swings benefit from the "mainhand damage bonus" when it comes to aggro. So that's news to me. So apparently fast weapons are good aggro in the offhand as well as in the mainhand. Less damage, but same "swing" aggro potential. Wow.

And great tip about downgrading my shield. One of my guild's other tanks can get more use out of my Bladestopper, and I can have a Clay Guardian shield as an option for rampaging mobs.

I'm probably not going to have access to Kreizenn's Flame anytime soon. What are some runner-ups for non-aggro high-DPS weapons to pair with Blue Blade?
Last edited by Videri; 05-01-2022 at 01:14 AM..